Instructions for the care of your Clear-Flex or Dual-Flex Splint
- Clear/Dual Flex appliance must be softened by immersing in hot water for one minute before insertion.
- Never allow the appliance near high temperatures nor allow it to dehydrate for more than 24 hours.
- Harden the appliance under cold tap water prior to cleaning.
- In normal use, the appearance of the resilient portion of the appliance may vary from crystal clear to opaque.
- If you notice any change in your symptoms, appearance of your mouth or gums, contact your dentist.
- Removal of the appliance is best accomplished by using equal pressure on both sides of the mouth. This will minimize the chance of damage to the resilient portion of the appliance. For easier removal, rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Please do not soak in mouthwash or bleach.
- Clean with water, toothpaste and a soft brush.
- Do not use soap to clean the appliance.